1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking to get back with D*and have some questions.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Yukimi, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yukimi

Yukimi New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Been a few years and it appears that a LOT has changed.

well it appears all my old d-tivos are useless, and that i'll need/want 3 hd pvr's anyway.

so my first question is: are they going to charge me $1000 for three hr-20's?
    199+399+399

thats kinda steep for gear i wont even own. and when did this lease language start?

next is phone lines. are they still mandatory or did they ever figure out a way to do wireless net connections?

the reason this is important is im dumping TW phone service and will switch to T-Mobile hot spots @home when they bring out a better device.

lastly, as a old sub will i be eligible for any kind of new deals or should i start a new sub with a new social?

any other hints or advice is of course greatly appreciate!

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Well first of all.. your D-TiVos will still work for SD...
    And if you have an HR10-250... you will be able to use it for OTA as well.

You will probably get the first one for less then $199... the others will be $299 most likely.

Leasing started March '06

Phone LIne is still necessary if you want to do PPV via remote

You would have to ask when you call about deals... they are all dependent on your past history, and the mood of the CSR

3. elhombrenumuno

elhombrenumuno New Member

Jul 27, 2007
    They may not charge you that much for everything. Call and tell them you are a former customer and they will get you to the right department. They will then make you a deal based off your history with them.
    They are the last telivision company to do leasing. Cable companies have been doing it for years. It's better. It keeps old receivers out of land fields. Also they are a company trying to make money and if they have to keep making receivers then that is more cost to them.
    Phonelines are only mandatory for ppvs and sport subscriptions.

4. Yukimi

Yukimi New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    thanks for the replies, looks like i'll need a phone line.

question, ive seen several people with sigs that include wireless connections.

what are they used for?

5. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    Media Sharing with a PC
    And the eventual connection to VOD and MRV

6. Yukimi

Yukimi New Member

Jul 30, 2007
    so the port is two way capable but they still req a phone line? :confused:

anywhoo, called and ya, its gonna be $800 in equipment costs for equipment i wouldnt even own...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.