1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking to switch to HD next month

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by bluegras, May 8, 2009.

1. bluegras

bluegras Godfather

Jan 31, 2008
    good afternoon i need some help i am looking to Switch to HD with Directv sometime next month.I will be buying a new Vizio 32 LCD HDTV at Walmart.what should i do next to switch to HD?Any help would very appreciated

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone DBSTalk Club

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Call Directv

3. ajc68

ajc68 Icon

Jan 23, 2008
    Yes, you should definitely call D* because there's a lot to go over. Changing to HD services means new equipment. You'll most likely have to get a new HD dish installed in place of your current dish, and you'll have to upgrade your Tuner/DVR to HD and your package to HD as well.

You should call them immediately so you can get an appointment set up as they are often booked up to a month in advance. Also, when you talk to the CSR, before you tell them you are going to upgrade to HD, ask them if they have any promotions for someone that is considering upgrading to HD. Sometimes you can get a better deal with this approach, especially when it comes to the equipment. If you don't like what one CSR has to say, you can always call again and try for a different result from another.