1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Los Angeles HD

Discussion in 'Local Reception' started by SeaBeagle, Apr 16, 2011.

1. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    If I give DISH a Los Angeles address would I be able to receive the LICAL HD channels from LA? The reason that I ask is because when I set up a application called Zap to It nd chose Dish s the provider the local channels came in on the guide as well as the local Los Angeles channels? Here is a picture of the guide that I am looking at. The guide also lists Chicago stations.

Attached Files:

2. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    If I give DISH a Los Angeles address ....

If that's the address where you actually live and where the system is installed.

3. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    Not right mow. Just wondering if the HD stations are CONUS because these are listed in the Dish net work guide when I check the local TV listings on the DUSH network web page.

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    WHat you are asking about is a voodoo subject at this site as it requires violating the TOS with Dish or Direct...

5. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    LA SD and HD locals are spotbeam, only KTLA SD is available conus because it is a superstation.

6. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    The channels 73-80 that site is showing you came from All American Direct, and you had to qualify or get a waiver from the local station to be abe to order them. They are no longer available (though still hidden on the system) and I think we're still waiting for AAD or Dish to make any kind of clear statement on the future of those channels.

7. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    OK now that makes sense. I asked a DISH representative about why the guide shows those stations. The representative did not know. Thank you for the answer. Which satellite are these on?

8. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    They're on 110, but since no one can currently subscribe I can't say if that's useful information or the answer to a future trivia question.