1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing Distant ABC?

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by coltonjared, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 6, 2006 #1 of 11
    coltonjared

coltonjared AllStar

Apr 25, 2005
    I get my locals from Terre Haute, IN and it doesn't have ABC so I get it from Chicago and with the Distant Networks shutting off does that mean I'm screwed because if i loss ABC I'm going back to Cable unless Dish can give me ABC without a OTA Antennas. So what should I do.

2. Nov 6, 2006 #2 of 11
    pdxsam

pdxsam Godfather

Jun 19, 2004
    Yes , you should be losing your Chicago ABC by 12/1. The court ruling does not allow Dish Network to carry any distant networks, regardless of circumstances.

Not much you can do really. Your only option for an ABC is an antenna, or cable.

3. Nov 6, 2006 #3 of 11
    tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    If you have read the thousands of posts, there is no other way to put it. No one who now receives any distant stations will anymore from Dish. You can go back to cable, or see if Direct TV offers anything for you. Have you written and called your representatives as Dish has suggested you do?

4. Nov 6, 2006 #4 of 11
    coltonjared

coltonjared AllStar

Apr 25, 2005
    I read somewere that if you lived east of Terre Haute you get ABC but if you live west you dont, so will Dish make it were all of Terre Haute locals have ABC?

5. Nov 6, 2006 #5 of 11
    ehren

ehren Hall Of Fame

Aug 2, 2003
    You'd think he'd be able to get ABC from Indy?

6. Nov 6, 2006 #6 of 11
    TNGTony

TNGTony Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Nope. Only certain areas of TH get the Indy station because the western areas are out of the SV areas. Even then, if Greg is right, it won't matter anyway, SVs are gone too.

See ya
    Tony

7. Nov 7, 2006 #7 of 11
    jhamps10

jhamps10 AllStar

Sep 27, 2005
    Hey coltonjared, I think that you could get ABC 25 out of evansville on antenna in olney. but actually you are not scrwed too badly, because you have several options, 1. go to cable:nono: :nono: :nono: (I wouldn't go that route now that Comcast has taken over), 2. You can ""Move"" to Fairfield or Albion and get the Evansville locals (which also do a good job of covering up here) 3. Hope that Dish adds the evansville ABC to the Richland and Lawrence county lineup.

8. Nov 7, 2006 #8 of 11
    JohnH

JohnH Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    What he said for the Home of the White Squirrel. :D

9. Nov 7, 2006 #9 of 11
    joe42

joe42 AllStar

Nov 5, 2006
    I'm in the same boat. I live in S OK and am getting Distant ABC out of Dallas. According to the DMA chart is even a neighboring local/significantly viewed channel. If it gets pulled then no ABC for me. I don't live in town either and there's no cable running out here.

10. terfmop

terfmop Legend

Sep 28, 2004
    I live in Terre Haute, and no we have no ABC affiliate....even the majority of the people in Terre Haute do not have an ABC station listed as 'SV' (not that it will matter anyway). WICD 15-1 comes in pretty well via OTA to the Terre Haute area...downside is no program guide data :(

11. bigrich

bigrich Cool Member

Jan 3, 2006
    I used to live in Terre Haute and WICD 15 from Danville comes in clearly with an outdoor antenna.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.