1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Losing local channels on SD Receiver

Discussion in 'DIRECTV SD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by static2229, Nov 25, 2012.

1. static2229

static2229 Mentor

Dec 17, 2006
    I have recently noticed that the local channels on my SD receiver had vanished from the guide. I have an SD Tivo unit with a 5-LNB dish. Is there something I can change in the settings to get these back or is the only option to upgrade to a new HD receiver?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Which Software version do you have ?
    From what I read over here : http://forums.directv.com/pe/action...PostID=11061872&channelID=1&portalPageId=1002
    it needs to be 6.4.

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Also, where are you located? If your local stations are beamed from the 119ºW satellite, be sure that your Tivo is configured for the "Phase III 3-LNB Dish" under the satellite setup.