1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost all my HD Locals and Others

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by funhouse69, Oct 15, 2009.

1. funhouse69

funhouse69 Icon

Mar 26, 2007
    Well this morning I seem to have lost all of my HD Local Channels (I'm in the Boston Area). I have 2 HR20's and they are both having the same issue.

I rebooted one of the receivers via remote and still have the same issue. I also can't seem to get stations like CNN HD (202) but can get ESPN2 HD without an issue.

My Sat Signals looks like this.

101 All Strong
    110 All Strong
    119 Also Strong
    99(c) all in the high 70's to upper 80's
    99(s) 1 through 8 Every Even # are 0
    99(s) 15 & 16 are in the upper 90's,
    99(s) 17-24 from upper 90's to low 20's
    103(s) 1-8 All 0
    103(s) 9-16 all N/A except 85 on 15 and 0 on 16
    103(s) 17-24 from upper 90's to 30 and a few 0's
    103(c) All high 80's to mid 90's

These don't seem to be bad any thoughts???

Is D* Having some issues?

2. sswheeler

sswheeler Legend

Aug 27, 2008
    I'm in the Des Moines area and CNNHD and ESPN2HD are fine.

3. funhouse69

funhouse69 Icon

Mar 26, 2007
    According to D* Support this is happening to a lot of people and is a software issue???

4. funhouse69

funhouse69 Icon

Mar 26, 2007
    To add to this they said that this is a "Known Software Issue" they is now showing itself more and more based on the volume of calls that they are getting.

He said that the box for some reason is "Hiding" the HD Channels even thought it isn't supposed to. They had me verify that I wasn't hiding my HD channels in the Display Settings (which I wasn't) I reset it to all then he had me go in and go through my Satellite Setup and that caused the box to reboot due to changes even though I didn't make any changes and that restored it.

So if this happens to anyone else here's to hoping this works for you as well. He said they are aware of it and are trying fix it in a new software release as soon as possible.

5. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    I had the same issue Tuesday night. Happened to correspond to my install of my HR22, so it took me a lot longer to diagnose. The first CSR said it was a bad dish (which I knew it wasn't) and scheduled a replacement dish install for 10/30. That's when I noticed I had lost most of my HD on both of my HR20's as well. I called back for an earlier appointment and spoke with a supervisor. She looked at my acocunt and said that my local HD channels were not active. She activated them, and that immediately fixed the problem.

6. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    I wouldn't buy that explanation. That's the answer you get when they don't know what else to tell you. This is NOT a common problem, or we would be LOTS MORE posts about it.

When you checked your signal readings, did you check BOTH DVR tuners?
    When you say those channels are "lost", what do you mean? Error 771? Any on-screen message when you tune those channels?

7. funhouse69

funhouse69 Icon

Mar 26, 2007
    I've been with D* for a long time and I've also been part of the CE's here for quite some time but wasn't running CE's on either of my tuners.

This happened to 2 of my 3 HD DVR's at the same time. I checked the Sat Signals on both and they were pretty much the same as I listed in my original post.

The off thing is that the guy I talked to never asked me about my SAT Signals, he said that they've been hearing reports of this more and more over the last few days.

When I say lost my channels I mean that when I would tune to one I would get the banner showing the channel name / number but never get the channel. I wouldn't get any codes whatsoever. This was happening on both of my older receivers but not my newest one.

This wasn't happening with all HD's either I could get some of them like ESPN HD but none of the 500's so it was odd.

Whatever the root cause was one of them came back with a RBR and the other by going through the Sat Setup as mentioned. I didn't make any changes to the set up but the receiver said it needed to restart because of changes???

8. funhouse69

funhouse69 Icon

Mar 26, 2007
    Interestingly enough the same thing happened to me again this morning, no local HD's as well as others. When I would tune in to one of my locals the box would reboot itself... When I checked my other box it was already in the process of rebooting. These are on a UPS so it wasn't a power issues.

Very strange but it seems to have fixed itself somehow.

What the heck is going on with this ???