1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Center ICE.. Must pay more $ for playoffs

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by stevied, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevied

stevied Cool Member

Jan 31, 2005
    I can no longer receive center ice games. I'm being told I need to sign up for "race for the cup" for an extra $49... I'am also told that my center ice subscription ended at the end of the regular season. Funny, I just watched a game last night.
    I did just get the 622 upgrade and signed up for new HD Gold service, so I figure my programming just got screwed up.

Not according to dish. They say I have to pay more, even though the web site still shows in bold letters that center ice includes the first 2 rounds of the playoffs.

Anyone else having the happen?

2. saltrek

saltrek Godfather

Oct 22, 2005
    I have had humungous problems in the past getting center ice/league pass packages added to new receivers after the subscriptions had been purchased. The first time it happened it took calling every day for one full week before they were able to figure out how to get it added to the new receiver. Luckily, because all the notes were in my file from this experience, it only took two phone calls the second time.

Unfortunately, I don't know what the "magic words" are to tell them how to accomplish this. Technical support is probably better than the regular CSRs. You definitely have to get a hold of someone that is more knowledgable than the average CSR. Even the tech support area may have to give it to an "advanced" tech person.

For some reason, this is definitely a complicated transaction. Do you have any of your older receivers still connected from when you originally purchased center ice? They should still be available on those receivers.

3. cyclone27

cyclone27 AllStar

Feb 1, 2006
    When I got my 622 installed, I could still see the Center Ice games on my 510, but not on my 622.
    I was told by a E* CSR that it would take about 24 hours for my 622 to update & have Center Ice available (not sure if this was really true).
    However, after two days they still were not viewable on my 622. I called E* and the tech person sent a hit to my receiver. I was able to watch the games shortly after.

4. stevied

stevied Cool Member

Jan 31, 2005
    I also have an 811 that was being blocked from the games as well.
    The story I got was that Center Ice expired on April 1 even though the season went until the season went until the 18th, and that I needed to subscribe to the new "Race for the cup" (RFTC) package to get playoff games.

Anyway, I finally got someone in tech support that stuck with me and kept talking with her supervisor until they charged/credited my account for the RFTC package and I could see the games last night; hopefully I still can tonight. It only took 45 min, which after reading above, makes me feel lucky.

I went and looked under the All Sports Subscriptions page and saw that CI is now called Center Ice: Race for the cup. It seems to me that the RFTC package for $49 is for people that were not already CI subscribers.

Oh well, looks like I have CI back and now have OLN for the later rounds, so I'm a happy hockey fan again. Ok, except for that we can't seem to get any HD games; but SD is better than nothing.

5. cosmo61

cosmo61 New Member

Sep 1, 2002
    I am still getting the playoffs with Center Ice although I now have lost all the Candian feeds of the playoof games. My guess is it is related to the OLN deal since OLN is, at times, transmitting the CBC broadcasts of these games instead of using their own production people.

6. wingnut1

wingnut1 Legend

Nov 10, 2005
    I had some moron CSR tell me that I needed to purchase Race for the Cup to get the last two rounds of the playoffs. Not true your subscription runs through the first two rounds and the last two are only available on OLN and NBC. Call them back and make sure they activate it on your new receiver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.