1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost HD Local channels

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by huskysox, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huskysox

huskysox Cool Member

Aug 19, 2006
    HI everyone,

Looks like I goofed. I reset my receive while I was bored - it is an H20-100. When it came back up it went through the satellite setup and I set everything up ( i believe properly)

However, I get no signal on sat 99 or 103. I am in CT and I believe my locals are on one of these satellites.

I am pretty sure I no longer get any MPEG4 HD channels, as i don't see YES HD either.

I have reset the receive again to no avail. Everything was working fine about 2 secs before I reset it the first time (never do that again)

Thanks for any comments or suggestions,

Tom

2. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Make sure you have it setup for the 5lnb

and

Make sure you tell it the right multiswitch 4*4 or 6*8.

If you have the wrong one selected, it won't work right

3. huskysox

huskysox Cool Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Hi Robert,

Thanks for the super fast response.

I double-checked it is set to the 5lnb and I have tried both selections of the switch (without getting on the roof I am not positive, but I believe i have a 6x8)- i am getting all satellites passing, except 99 is saying failed at the end of the setup process.

However, i still don't get any locals showing up - high def or not. very weird.

I have entered the Hartford zip code as my location thinking that might have something to do with it.

Tom

4. huskysox

huskysox Cool Member

Aug 19, 2006
    Thank god for the internet.

I fixed it. I did a programming refresh via the direct TV website and everything is back and working successfully.

Now back to my regularly scheduled programming.
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.