1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Lost HD signal

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by ERDr, Jan 2, 2012.

1. ERDr

ERDr New Member

Oct 28, 2011
    I have an HR 24 and slimline 5 LNB. I've noticed for the past two years that from October to May, I lose my almost all of my HD channels. I've had two installers come out and reposition the dish to no avail. Once May kicks in, everything is great. I share my service with my cousin who lives in Cleveland. I'm located in Oakville ON. I'm wondering if it's the change in the Earth's rotation which happens as we progress thru the year and I lose sight of the HD sats. SD is fine.

Here are pics of my signal strength and meter
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Any ideas or fixes? The dish in anchored into the upper level of my home with clear line of sight to the sky.

Attached Files:

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    You're missing all readings from the 103º HD satellite. Do you have other Receivers/DVRs? Do they show the same problem?

Since it's intermittent, it's likely a problem with the multiswitch or the dish LNB itself.

3. ERDr

ERDr New Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Here are the signal meters
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. ERDr

ERDr New Member

Oct 28, 2011
    It's my only receiver. No multiswitch (ie splitter if that's what a multiswitch is)

Works perfectly in spring & summer and loses HD fall & winter.

5. ERDr

ERDr New Member

Oct 28, 2011
    I believe I have a DirecTV Slimline SL5 KA/KU 5 Satellite Dish with 1 coax required for each tuner. Should I upgrade to the DirecTV Slimline SL5S SWM DECA MRV 5 Satellite Dish?

6. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    Sounds like an LNB problem if anything. Or cabling.

Kevin

7. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    I see you are in Ontario and "share" an account with someone. This is highly against the rules. I am sure a mod will be along soon to lock this thread as doing things against the D* TOS are not allowed to be discussed at this site. Its called account stacking and it is not acceptable

8. ERDr

ERDr New Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Sorry, wasn't trying to break the rules. I pay for the account. I know of many people who have residences in both the USA and Canada (snowbirds for example) and they want access to their account year round. Is this illegal too?

9. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    It's illegal to receive programing outside the US. For those in Latin American, there is another DirecTV service provider.