1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Lost local ABC/NBC/CW channel? Dish gave me OTA Hopper module for free (will be free in 6 months)

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by tenwinecans, Oct 2, 2013.

1. tenwinecans

tenwinecans Cool Member

Aug 20, 2012
    like many people, I lost some local channels as of Oct 1. (ABC, NBC, CW, or both)

I spoke with a Dish customer service rep on the phone last night. He offered me a $5 statement credit for the next six months to make up for the $30 that I paid for the OTA Hopper module. This makes the module essentially free after 6 months.

It's not the perfect solution, but at least I "should" be able to continue watching those locals for now. :) I don't really know for sure, since I have not received the module yet. Now I just have to find the rabbit ears in the basement.

2. foghorn2

foghorn2 AllStar

Jun 17, 2006
    The first thing I did after I got the hopper was to get the OTA module. I really don't care if the locals station pull off of dish. Screw them, they show stupid commercials for revenue- they don't need to extort making prices go higher for everyone. The FCC should pull their licence for these tactics using the public airwaves to extract cash from US, yes ultimately WE ALL PAY!

3. scottchez

scottchez Icon

Feb 4, 2003
    The OTA module is better than the directv version and the old Dish versions, it is so good I also get ABC and CBS from a near by city. Well worth it. Plus you got an extra tuner to record with.