1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost Local channels in Richmond, VA any help available?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by NNDman, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NNDman

NNDman Mentor

Aug 15, 2004
    When the switch over to sat 119 occurred Tuesday I lost my local channels. I had an installer check my system (4 receivers) and he found everything to be a-ok. In fact, he said he installed a system that day that was unable to get locals. Other folks I've talked to are having the same problem. I'm getting 100 percent signal strength on 119. Occassionally, the channel will come on for a few moments then freeze and fade to black with the message Program is not available in your area. Any help out there? Thanks for any replies.

2. just4funusa

just4funusa Guest

They (directv) don't seem to be sharing any info as to why the locals won't come in. However, they are quick to blame the cards and equipment as a tactic of delay. I feel better now though that you have indicated an installer was not able to do anything about it, only confirms my suspician that DTV cust. serv. techs don't know crap, and that there is not that is wrong with subscriber set up, and it is a DTV issue pending resolution. I am going to call them again and harass them for more information, or maybe even the truth!

3. NNDman

NNDman Mentor

Aug 15, 2004
    Don't blame you one bit. I'd do the same, but I'm getting no where!!! You call and they act like they have no clue about what you're reporting. Call again and you get someone who says they're have problems in Va and Pa. You would think they would post something on their website. I've been a customer for several years and this is my worst customer service experience ever!!!

4. brykc14

brykc14 Legend

Jun 14, 2004
    I dont know if this will help any of you but I had the same problem when my Charleston Wva locals. I was getting 119 on one reciever and the other reciever nothing. Of course tech support kept saying it was my reciever. But I knew better. So after 2 days of playing with the signal and tilt and restarting reciever and checking to make sure 3 lnb was set and cutting down trees. I finally found what the problem was. Under System Options the was a setting that said Muti-Switch set up. I used a muti switch setup when I had Dish Network. So I said what the hell Ill try it and it worked. I dont have a switch installed but I guess there is still a switch built in on the phase 3. The reciever that was working from the beginning didnt have a muti switch option. Like I said I dont know if this will help yall's problem or not but it sounds just like what happen to me.

5. Kal3625

Kal3625 New Member

Aug 18, 2004
    What kind of signal are you getting on transp 23, 25, 29 & 31 off the 119? These are the spotbeams on the 119.

6. NNDman

NNDman Mentor

Aug 15, 2004
    My problem has been solved! My installer returned and noticed that we were running on a multi-switch when we have 4 receivers. He got ride of the multi switch device, ran four lines from the dish and now we get the locals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.