1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost local HD

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Tonik, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Tonik

Tonik Cool Member

Apr 20, 2005
    A couple, perhaps three, firmware updates ago I lost a local in HD in Cleveland, Channel 3. I am certain it was related to the update or whatever resets when you get one, it happened instantly when it downloaded.

I have had this in the past with updates and I would just wait it out and the next update always seemed to fix it. But not this time. I have warm and cold rebooted, deleted all the channels and rescanned...reset to factory defaults. Everything I could think of.

I have always had a very solid signal always been low to mid 90's, and the TV upstairs that is not on Dish pulls it just fine. I was very careful in picking the antenna and pointing it...the cable feed is all top of the line stuff.....

In fact I can see their antenna from my roof, as I can see the other majors in town. :)

Any ideas on what I should try next?

P382
    Bootstrap 1015

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Try re-scanning for DTV locals.

NOTE: I'm assuming that you've already tested to verify that the OTA cable plugged into the 811 has a useable signal on it. That the TV upstairs works is not good enough.

3. Tonik

Tonik Cool Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Re-scanned many times over the last couple of months.

Understood on the TV upstairs....the OTA to the back of the 811 is solid. I pick up all the other local HD's. Also pull the HD's from Detroit most of the time.