1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Lost many HD Channels

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by larryboyce, May 28, 2010.

1. larryboyce

larryboyce New Member

May 28, 2010
    For several days last week we noticed that we could not receive a major group of HD channels (searching for signal).

WOPX 56
    CNNHD 202
    ESNHD 207
    HGTVHD 229
    FOODHD 231
    USAHD 242
    FXHD 248
    A&EHD 265
    NGCHD 276
    TLCHD 280
    CMTHD 327
    TWCHD 362
    STZKHD 525

I contacted DTV and scheduled a service appointment. While waiting for them to come I did a little research and thought that I had it figured out as it seemed that the missing channels were all even numbered transponders on D10 @103W. The signal strength for the even transponders on 103°(cb) were all 0 and the odd transponders were all in the 51-67 range so I thought this was the explanation and that I had a defective LNB. Before the service tech arrived (several days had passed) the channels came back. However I still see 0 signal strength on the even 103° (cb) transponders.
    Can someone help me understand what would cause me to loose just the channels listed above?

Thanks

Larry

2. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    First, 51-67 is way to low for the KA satellites, you need your dish aligned. Secondly, they moved D10, which will cause its signal strength to lower, especially if your signal was marginal to begin with. 103ca is currently carrying the channels that were on 103cb.

Have the tech realign your dish, and check all the connections when he gets there, and you should be good.