1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost my DoD

Discussion in 'Service - DIRECTV On Demand CE Versions' started by Button Pusher, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Button Pusher

Button Pusher Icon DBSTalk Club

Jan 19, 2007
    The...
    I lost my DoD after I hooked my esata up Sunday night. I had DoD since the CE before the 0x1b9. I went into the IWANTMYVOD menu and turned on the VOD option since that info was stored on the internal hard drive. Any info on how to get it back? Maybe it is just populating. When I hit VOD in the Menu it says "Channel 1000 is not available".

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    I seen another post about this and the person said they had to wait a few hours and it started working again.

3. Button Pusher

Jan 19, 2007
    The...
    That is what I was wondering. I have had the esata hooked up since Sunday night,but I just checked my Menu tonight and realized On Demand wasn't an option. I found it wasn't turned on,I suppose because I went to an external hard drive.So I turned it on thru the "IWANTMYVOD". I guess I need to wait and see if it comes back. After the CE tonight who knows what will happen to it. Thanks Mike.

4. Michael D'Angelo

Oct 20, 2006
    Yea, the software is saved to the chip on the motherboard but any hidden menu options are saved to the hard drive.

So if you turned sort by on you will have to go into the "IAMANEDGECUTTER" menu again and turn that back on.

5. Button Pusher

Jan 19, 2007
    The...
    I meant to say I hooked up the esata on Sunday night. I gave the new CE a day to show any bugs before I introduced a new item to the system.

Mike,so you are saying after the CE tonight I need to do the IMAGECUTTER one or now. I went into that one but I didn't change anything because VOD was already on from the other search.

6. Michael D'Angelo

Oct 20, 2006
    You can do it now. Once you do it the options you turn on in the hidden menu will save to the hard drive and stay there.

The reason why you have to redo it is because you had it saved to the internal drive. Now that you are using an eSATA drive you need to turn the options on again.

7. Button Pusher

Jan 19, 2007
    The...
    Nevermind it just showed up. I guess I got in a panic that I did something wrong. Mike,how is your esata set-up working? I think you are using the same enclosure as I am. Did you stick a couple of 750gb in there?

8. Michael D'Angelo

Oct 20, 2006
    I got the Sans Digital MS2UT but I have not got my hard drives yet. The enclosure is still sitting in the box.

9. Button Pusher

Jan 19, 2007
    The...
    Mine sat in the box for at least a month until I could afford two hard drives for it.lol
    I didn't get my MS2UT as cheap as people are getting them now.

Does it matter what setting you have the sort list set to in the IAMANEDGECUTTER menu? I believe mine is on the Date New default.

10. Michael D'Angelo

Oct 20, 2006
    Whatever you want. I have mine set A-Z.