1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost THIS TV in move to 5.3 in L.A. area.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by HoTat2, Dec 25, 2010.

1. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Hey folks;

Anyone have the e-mail address or some other for TMS to have them notify DirecTV to get with the program and update their OTA channel list for KTLA 5 in L.A.? For a while now KTLA has been gearing up for their official Jan. 1st launch of "Antenna TV" here locally with a continuos promo loop, but the problem is for some reason the station engineers have decided to use THIS TV's former sub-channel 5.2 for Antenna TV and move THIS TV to 5.3.

And as you may imagine DirecTV's stupid data base reliant AM21 has not made the switch yet even though TMS' Zap2it is correctly showing it.

I would simply call DirecTV, but I'm pretty sure as usual the CSR is likely to be clueless and not even know what an AM21 even is.

2. mreposter

mreposter Hall Of Fame

Jul 29, 2006
    You might try contacting the tv station and let them know about the issue. They can work directly with directive to fix the problem.

3. longrider

longrider Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    Have you tried redoing the antenna setup to force it to reload the channel data? I remember on the analog cutoff day having to do that as some channels changed their physical channel assignments

4. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    OK, will do;

But KTLA's switchboard closes on weekends, and would obviously be closed today whatever the day

Yes, no luck unfortunately.

However, I admit that when I did try to re-download my OTA channels in the antenna setup I didn't do the more lengthy full OTA channel reset first and then re-download.

But if you think that additional step is worth a try, I'll give it a go ...

5. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Menu > System Setup > Sat & Ant > Antenna Setup > Reset Settings
    Menu > System Setup > Sat & Ant > Antenna Setup > Initial Setup

6. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    OK, tried it, still no go;

KTLA's sub-channel 5.3 is obviously not in DirecTV's OTA database yet. Sign ... :nono2:

Oh well, going to give KTLA a call tomorrow I guess ...

7. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    Try this contact as Tribune Media Services tomorrow:
    Julia Young, Manager, Editorial Administration 518-792-9914 x-4184

Are THIS TV movies really that good?

8. machavez00

machavez00 Hall Of Fame

Nov 2, 2006
    Phoenix,...
    This TV has retro shows in addition to movies. The Phx subs have the same issue with RTV on 7.2 (Phx 7.2[36.2] is swapped with Prescott 7.2?) Directv OTA tuners are at the mercy of TMS. We have several digital class A OTA stations we don't get because TMS hasn't updated the database yet.