1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Louis CK

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Marlin Guy, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    Am I the only person watching this show?

Last night's was the best one yet.
    I think I pulled a muscle! :lol:

2. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    Watching it as I type. Been a fan of O&A and have enjoyed him on there as well as this show.

3. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Comic genius, the new Lenny Bruce-meets-George Carlin. With a dose of Charlie Chaplin thrown in. Chicks hate him. Guys love him.

The airplane scene when the plane started going down was awesome.

4. Casey21

Casey21 Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    I'm a woman and I love Louis C.K. Very funny show! Just listened to an interview with him on Fresh Air (NPR program).

5. drhart416

drhart416 Mentor

May 14, 2010
    This from inquisitor. Is this the interview you heard?

Louis CK, who is probably the funniest comic out there right now, may have gotten NPR’s Fresh Air banhammered in the state of Mississippi.

CK appeared on the show on July 7th, and chatted a bit about sex scenes on his new FX show, Louie. Here is the commentary that supposedly lead to the banning of the NPR program:

Louis CK: But if I’m with a woman and she wants to be with me, she must like me. I definitely have sex with my T-shirt on, always. I haven’t had sex without a shirt on, God, since I was about 23.”

Terry Gross: Is that true?

Louis CK: Yeah, I just don’t think that’s fair. I mean, you know, let her think she’s with somebody decent, you know? … I do have sex sometimes on the show, and there’s a rule that I have to be on my back.

Terry Gross: Why, because your stomach flattens?

Louis C.K.: Well, no, God, no. I’m not laying back in that bed thinking, “I look awesome right now.” It’s because I think I should always be the victim of the sex. I don’t think anyone wants to see me looming over her. I think that’s an upsetting image. And then also, the mother-dog stomach that I get when I’m … you get the point.

Which, if you’re familiar with CK’s routine, is pretty tame. Fresh Air says that no one at Mississippi Public Broadcasting has confirmed the reasons behind the ban:

We were sorry to hear that Fresh Air was removed from the MPB schedule. However, we recognize and respect the principle that programming decisions are made by stations, not by the programs they carry. As far as the “inappropriate content” – we don’t know specifically what is being referred to, since there has been no communication with us on the matter. Of course, we are following the speculation on different blogs, but to comment further would just be speculation on our part. In any event, we hope that we are back on MPB soon.

Although NPR puts me to sleep and makes me want to scratch my eyeballs out simultaneously, some progressive Americans are a bit het up about this. What do you think- is the banning fair? Was anything in the transcript banworthy? To contrast, below is a NSFW bit from Louis CK’s stand-up special Shameless:

6. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    "Lucky Louie" was one of the best shows ever on HBO, I have no idea why it was cancelled.

I’m very much enjoying his new show "Louie" but I would rather he just do the skits and skip the stand-up on this show

7. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I really like that show but my wife... not so much. :)

I have recorded the new show but haven't got to it yet.

8. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    Yeah, the ladies really didn’t dig what he was doing and having a 5 year swear like she did was some crazy stuff:lol::D

9. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    You got to watch

10. armophob

armophob Difficulty Concen........

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Worked for Chappelle and Seinfeld.

I am still laughing at the final scene on this weeks show.

11. JACKIEGAGA

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    I liked the episode with Gervais as the DR

12. hoophead

hoophead Godfather

Feb 10, 2008
    I started watching it because I learned to really like his stuff in the recent past on HBO.

With the plane scene recently I thought he would say, "If we're all going to die someone is going to get !@#$%^!"

13. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    I liked Pamela Adlon...what has she been up to lately?

14. armophob

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Californication

15. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    My wife likes the show even better than I do. Particularly when he says the kind of things that people sometimes wished they said in situations where those things should be said. And the episode with Gervais as the doctor - who else could have pulled that off. That's another miracle of the show - guest comedians used in perfect roles.

16. Casey21

Casey21 Legend

Sep 20, 2007
    Yes, that is the one

17. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I liked his HBO series that didn't last. He's funny!

18. armophob

Nov 13, 2006
    Fort Pierce, FL
    Last weeks episode with the blonde in the audience really has stuck with me. What a great piece of drama. She exemplified all the ignorance I could ever stand into one character and his reaction was perfect.
    My blood was boiling until he shot it down.
    Wonderful show.

19. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    FX announced Monday that "Louie" has been renewed for a second season of 13 episodes.

20. JACKIEGAGA

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    The last 2 episode were kind of beat