1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Lousy picture on locals

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ragmopp, Aug 17, 2010.

1. ragmopp

ragmopp Cool Member

Sep 27, 2007
    I recently moved to Oregon and now receive the Eugene local stations. I have noticed on all of them pixelation that is consistent and terrible. This does NOT happen on any of the 'cable' channels. When I got the Sacramento Ca. locals at my old house I had no problems whatsoever. I checked my signal strength and all three tuners are in the low 90's. My Tivo is (I think a R10 SD). Any ideas why the locals are so bad?

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
  3. ragmopp

ragmopp Cool Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Thanks...didn't know I was in the wrong area. However, I went to that link and firstly they state HD locals (I don't have HD), also the Eugene locals does not have a link it is grayed out. ???

4. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    Ah, I see. Does your area have HD Locals? If so I can add a thread and you can post there even though your issues are SD-only.

5. ragmopp

ragmopp Cool Member

Sep 27, 2007
    From what I gather. No HD locals. I could be wrong, but it appears only one of the stations even broadcasts in HD. I guess this market isn't interested, or the stations just don't want to spend the $$$.. Maybe my best bet would be to contact D* and see what they say about the louse reception.

Ironically, there is nothing on the locals that interest me, just the local news...but it sure is frustrating to watch the picture stutter, even on the news...

6. Stuart Sweet

Jun 18, 2006
    Yes, I would contact them. The next upgrade they would make for your market would be to add HD locals; I'm not sure they'd do much more than maintenance until then.

7. ragmopp

ragmopp Cool Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Thanks...I appreciate your feedback...

8. JackBauer112

JackBauer112 Mentor

Aug 15, 2010
    My parents live out near the Tracy Triangle (Manteca) and get the Sacramento, CA locals but also can recieve SF Bay Area locals OTA. I live out near Paso Robles and although I'm near Camp Roberts, I get the SLO/Santa Barbara stations with HD locals though I could have gotten Salinas/Monterey, but I get one station out of Salinas/Monterey OTA The NBC station there. BTW, where did you use to live before you moved out to Eugene?

9. ragmopp

ragmopp Cool Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Lived in Blairsden (Highway 70 in the Sierras)...