1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Low/Lost signal During Day

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ravi197, Sep 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ravi197

ravi197 New Member

Sep 8, 2006
    Hi,

I have Directv International programming. During daytime my signal is low or lost every minute for few seconds. It is perfectly okay during evening and all night..

Does anybody experienced it? This is strange problem......

Please help.

Thanks

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Check the coax connections at your satellite dish. Perhaps a connection is loose or corroded, causing problems during the heat of the day.

3. ravi197

ravi197 New Member

Sep 8, 2006
    I check the connections and they are fine.... Any other idea?

Thanks

4. man215

man215 AllStar

May 12, 2006
    When I had that problem it was a lnb on the dish. They had to change it. It was strange because I lost the signal the same time everyday. Sounds like you are having the same problem. Get it checked. I do have Dishnetwork though. Still should work the same. Good Luck....:rolleyes:

5. mhayes70

mhayes70 New Member

Mar 21, 2006
    I had that problem a long time ago and it was a bad lnb.

6. ravi197

ravi197 New Member

Sep 8, 2006
    Thanks you for all your help... but one questions.. How do you find out LNB is bad??

7. litzdog911

litzdog911 Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Without specialized equipment, or replacement LNBs to swap, you cannot easily determine if the LNB is bad. If you have removed all other causes with your cables, connectors, or receivers, and narrowed it down to the dish/LNB, then it could be either an aiming/signal blockage problem, or a defective LNB. It's time to call DirecTV and request a service technician.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.