1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Low Signal Strengths..Tech coming but

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by RonH, Nov 3, 2009.

1. RonH

RonH Godfather

Jul 25, 2007
    I would like to still ask you guys about my problem. The last couple of weeks I have been getting the "771" message "Searching for Satellite" on some of my Channels. It mainly HD channels like Comedy Central,Fox Sports HD and a few others.At first I got the message and then in a few minutes I got signals back.But this last weekend I have lost several channels completely. I did a Signal Strength on my Dish and it Shows 110,119 and 103(c) in the 80's to 90's,99(c) in about 25% range and the 101 showing 0-50%. On the 101 sometimes I get some Signal in Tuner 1 on my DVRs and No signal at all on Tuner 2. Do you guys feel that my Dish has just got moved off line some? I presently have the 5LNB Slimline, while I have the Tech here should I have him change the dish to the Slimline 3? I have the Tech coming Wed. morning and I have Protection Plan so all things covered.

Thanks

2. rudeney

rudeney Hall Of Fame

May 28, 2007
    I don't see any benefit to swapping out the dish unless there is something wrong with it. My guess is the dish alignment is just off, which could be due to loose bolts or just some minor "settling" of the house or whatever structure it's mounted to.

3. RonH

RonH Godfather

Jul 25, 2007
    Thanks for the reply. The reason I was wondering about the Slimline 3 over the 5 was perhaps the 3 might not go out of alignment as easily because it appears the 3 is "less bulky".

4. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    It's the EXACT same dish (reflector). Only difference is the LNB. Maybe, at most, you might save a pound in LNB.

5. RonH

RonH Godfather

Jul 25, 2007
    Thanks, I didn't realize that there wasn't that much weight difference in the two.

6. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    If you already have the slimline, the reflector is the same, someone with the older AT-9(sidecar) can save a few lbs by switching, but they dont necessarily stay in alignment any better.

7. RonH

RonH Godfather

Jul 25, 2007
    It seems one of the LNBs is bad and there was some dry rot on the Ground connection.