1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lower cost meter. Which one?

Discussion in 'FTA / Non Small Dish Satellite Area' started by videobruce, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. videobruce

videobruce Legend

Aug 12, 2004
    I'm looking for a lower cost meter around $100 This would be used for FTA mostly. Is having a dual input really that important?

I have found;

Digisat II $68
    Digisat III $98
    Digisat 3 Pro $110
    Acutrac 22 $90
    Acutrac 22 Plus $115

Input on these? Thanks.

2. garyl24

garyl24 AllStar

Jun 1, 2004
    my opinion is a birdog is top of the line. that is what i use. i used to use a satbuddy2 until i got my birdog. it's a little expensive but you know what bird your on!!

3. videobruce

videobruce Legend

Aug 12, 2004
    Big difference in price.
    4x

4. Mike500

Mike500 Hall Of Fame

May 10, 2002

With the same incremental difference in performance. As a long time professional, I would prefer not to install without the Birdog.

For DirecTV or Dish Network, I still prefer the old Digisat II.

5. ilovedbs

ilovedbs Legend

Aug 18, 2005
    I have the Birddog and love it.

6. greatwhitenorth

greatwhitenorth Godfather

Jul 18, 2005
    I don't think dual inputs are important. It might be useful if you're installing a multiple LNB dish, but even then not so much. As an installer with E*, I always pick one satellite to peak, then check the others to make sure the signal is adequate. The one thing I appreciate is a self-powered meter, so you can make sure you have a line of sight before before you run all that cable. I still use an old Eagle Aspen analog meter :lol: , but I have used the Sat Buddy and liked it a lot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.