1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

LucasArts shut down

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by dpeters11, Apr 3, 2013.

1. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
  2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    The only real surprise here is that it didn't happen sooner. Heads were going to roll at some point after the Disney buyout. I've been with companies that were bought by other companies, and the other shoe always drops eventually no matter what they say up front about keeping existing employees.

3. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude

Aug 6, 2010
    Disney cant hurt STAR WARS anymore than GEORGE already has!!!!! (Totally trashed it)

Quite sad......

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    If Disney treats Star Wars the same as they treated the Marvel comics line in terms of movies, it might be a good thing. As long as they reign in Mr. Lens Flare.

Actually, I think still my favorite LucasArts games are Loom and Secret of Monkey Island, not Star Wars games.

5. HinterXGames

HinterXGames Godfather

Dec 20, 2012
    I don't know, X-Wing for the PC was pretty stellar and the king of Space Sims at the time. Somewhat revolutionary for the genre. I've always found it funny that when X-Wing came out, me and my buddy were like 'Wouldn't it be cool if you could play with or against other people online with this format'.. then a few years later, X-Wing vs Tie Fighter comes out. :lol: