1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Luther

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by slinger45, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slinger45

slinger45 AllStar

Aug 5, 2007
    Just a heads up since the new season is starting on BBCA this week, my series pass, set to first run isnt auto recording the new eps so for those of you who watch the show you might have to manually record. Airing Tu-Fr at 10pm ET on 264.

2. jerrylove56

jerrylove56 Godfather

Jun 14, 2008
    North Alabama
    I caught that too. Good update. Wild show.

3. lokar

lokar Icon

Oct 7, 2006
    Are these shown uncut? My wife and I just watched the first season of this show on Amazon Prime and loved it but all the episodes seem to be in the 52-58 min range, never mind some of the subject matter might be too graphic for a TV channel.

4. DrZ

DrZ Godfather

Nov 13, 2006
    It's not unusual for shows shown in the UK to get tagged in the guide with their original UK broadcast dates when they show up on BBC America. As a result it's best to set up your season passes to record both original and repeats. That way you'll still get it even if it's tagged with the orignial UK broadcast date.

5. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
  6. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    It's common practice, not to mention technically correct since it is in fact the "first aired" date. There are several networks that do this with shows previously broadcast in another country.

7. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    The networks aren't actually the ones providing the original air dates; it's Tribune Media Services. The networks only provide Tribune with the show names/episode numbers, and then Tribune matches that info up against their database. Since they provide program listings in Canada and the U.K., shows that first aired in one of those countries will already be in their database with the original air date from that country.

8. Mike Bertelson

Mike Bertelson 6EQUJ5 WOW! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 24, 2007
    As Drucifer posted, there already is a thread in the TV Show Talk forum. Since this is not strictly a DIRECTV discussion I'm closing this and asking everyone to continue discussion in the previous thread.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.