1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Mad Men hires 1960's Illustrator

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by phrelin, Mar 12, 2013.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    [​IMG]

The "poster" above is from an interesting article 'Mad Men' Hires '60s Illustrator For Its Season 6 Poster at Yahoo TV. But the story seems to have come from a NY Times story ‘Mad Men’ Draws On an Original.

Many ...well... some of us are looking forward to the start of Season 6 of "Mad Men" premiering April 7. I am particularly happy the Dish and AMC settled there differences so I won't miss any episodes.

Also, Yahoo TV offers a slide show of photos taken during the Season 6 shooting. Some of them may be spoilers though I couldn't figure anything out.

In case you need a refresher here's the thread on the last episode Mad Men: "The Phantom" OAD 6/10/12 ***SPOILERS***. Yep, it's been that long.

2. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    Saw that poster on a bus shelter here in Los Angeles last night as I was driving past, but since I was really only seeing it out of the corner of my eye, it didn't even register with me that it was an illustration and not a photo. Guess I'll have to take a closer look next time I go by.

3. Maruuk

Maruuk Hall Of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Most of those gallery pix are just studio-posed dress-up party promo shots, not production stills.

I can't wait, either. The toughest challenge for the costumer and stylist is to represent actual duds and hairdos from the mid-to-late 60's without everyone appearing distractingly silly. It's a real problem for stories from that time zone. Films from that period are hard to watch just for that reason alone.