1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Madden 25 Anniversary Edition includes NFL Sunday Ticket, exclusive to Amazon

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Athlon646464, May 19, 2013.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Madden 25 Anniversary Edition includes NFL Sunday Ticket, exclusive to Amazon

Excerpt:

"Virtual football enthusiasts excited for Madden 25 (it's technically Madden 2014 marking 25 years of the franchise) may want to head over to Amazon if they're serious about watching actual NFL games. The online retailer has an exclusive Anniversary Edition of the game up for pre-order, which comes bundled with a 17-week pass for both Madden Ultimate Team cards and computer and mobile access to NFL Sunday Ticket. On top of getting all the 2013 regular season's out-of-market matches, DirecTV subscribers can also snag a $10-a-month discount on the TV version (normally $225) for one year with a pro bono MAX upgrade."

Joystiq
    Amazon Deal

Full Story Here

[​IMG]

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Looking at the offer at Amazon though, it looks like the $10/month discount and free Sunday Ticket Max is available as a promo code if you are a new customer signing up for DirecTV.

- Merg

3. Athlon646464

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Details: (From Amazon)

"Exclusive to Amazon.com, the Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition combines all the innovation and authenticity of Madden NFL 25, a 17 week Madden Ultimate Team pack subscription, and exclusive offers for DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket. Each Anniversary Edition includes a special code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet, and mobile devices. For fans who are able to receive DirecTV service, a special promo code will be included entitling them to an exclusive promotion, including $10 off per month for their first year of service, and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

With Madden NFL 25, unlock the power, precision, and creativity of the NFL ball-carrier. Whether you’re a slashing running-back, dual-threat QB, or ball-hawking safety, unleash 30 new moves and string together devastating combos with the all-new precision modifier in Madden NFL 25."

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    So then it does looks like is for new subs only

5. Athlon646464

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    If it's for new subs only it doesn't make any sense. They get ST anyway, don't they?

The way I read it, the $10 off per month is for new subs, and everyone gets ST.

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    This is NOT for the regular ST, but for the ST MAX upgrade, which I don't think new subs gets. and there is another caveat, there are only 100,000 copies up for grabs.

" DirecTV subscribers can also snag a $10-a-month discount on the TV version (normally $225) for one year with a pro bono MAX upgrade. Joystiq notes that only 100,000 copies are up for grabs, split evenly between the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions
    "

7. ProfLonghair

ProfLonghair Hall Of Fame

Sep 26, 2006
    CMH
    More info link after the discount blurb says:

So, existing subs get max free (or at least mobile, not sure what the dif will be this year), new subs get max and $10 per month for a year, and non-subs get what looks like max, without subscribing

And it's an extra $40 over the regular price of the game. So, if it's a full free Max, it's a $60 dollar savings. Not bad, but not exactly life altering. If you were going to order Max anway (I personally was not) I'd say it's worth trying to get a copy. I wonder how well this sells out.

8. DMRI2006

DMRI2006 Godfather

Jun 13, 2006
    I posted this a few days ago on the programming board (maybe these threads can be combined) --
    http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/205224-nfl-sunday-ticketmadden-25th-anniversary-amazon-combo/

It's definitely good for the ST mobile for Directv subs who don't already have ST, so it's not a bad deal in that regard:

If you are a DIRECTV subscriber, but don't receive Sunday Ticket, you will be able to access NFL Sunday Ticket via mobile, tablet and computer by entering a special code included on the back of the insert in the box that will give you access to a 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet and mobile devices. This offer does not include access to the games through TV or console.

http://www.easports....versary-edition

9. njfoses

njfoses Legend

Sep 14, 2007
    Atlanta
    There has been a lot of chatter about this deal and the details are a bit vague. Here are some questions and answers from ea's marketing director. So it only provides existing customers with mobile access the way im reading it.

Q: Will the Sunday Ticket offer work if I live in Mexico? Can I stream it on PS3 or 360?
    A: offer is for pc, mobile, and tablet. Not console.You need US IP to access.

Q: So.. if I buy the 'Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition' I'll get NFL Sunday Ticket on my mobile devices? I'm sold.
    A: with this offer you don't need to be a directv subscriber. You can access Sunday Ticket digitally.

Q: but my understanding is, and I could be wrong, you DO have to subscribe IF it is available in your area
    A: I understand the confusion, but there is a unique code in EVERY box. You will def get access.

10. DMRI2006

DMRI2006 Godfather

Jun 13, 2006
    Yes, that's exactly what I posted right above you in the quote from the EA site. It's good for the mobile version.

11. andjuan

andjuan New Member

Sep 26, 2010
    So does that mean as a current DTV and Sunday Ticket subscriber, I get nothing out of this? That's pretty lame.

12. ProfLonghair

Sep 26, 2006
    CMH
    No, it means, if you pay the extra $40 for the special version, you get free mobile access. Normally you have to pay extra for it. If, like me, you don't need the mobile version, just buy the regular $60 version of the game.

13. captaink5217

captaink5217 Legend

Sep 20, 2011
    But if you already subscribe to Sunday Ticket Max them it offers nothing extra except the ultimate team garbage which I don't use anyway. Why couldn't they put an anniversary edition together that included classic versions of Madden or something like that?

14. ProfLonghair

Sep 26, 2006
    CMH
    Possibly. To correct my previous posts, which look now like they may be incorrect, it's $75 extra for Max:

http://www.directv.com/sports/nfl?lpos=Header:3&_requestid=1008030

If this gives Max, and not just the internet version, it's a $35 savings, not $60. If it's just internet, and not the full Max, then if you were going to pay for Max, it gains you nothing.

On a related note, $75 for Max is cheaper than usual, but it still is the only way to get RedZone, which displeases me.

15. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    My latest come back offfer from DirecTV included 2013 Sunday Ticket free as well as three months of four premium channels.

Really not interested in Sunday Ticket anyway. Still no teams in LA and the prospects looks dim. :down:

16. spec2

spec2 Cool Member

Oct 1, 2007
    So if you have ST but not Max do you get Max or is this deal just for people who don't subscribe to ST of any kind? The fine print might as well have been written in Klingon.

17. sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork Icon

Aug 21, 2008
    I wish there was more detailed info in regards this offer. For me I tend to watch Sunday Ticket games on my iPad, my main TV usually has on our local game(s). If I could just have online access for $40 more over the cost of the game I am in.