1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Magic Jack - Updated software is great

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by MikeW, Aug 26, 2009.

Tags:
  1. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    I've not used my Magic Jack too much because of call issues where I can barely be heard or lag times made the conversation difficult to follow. Recently, I recieved an update on the Magic Jack. I've noticed that call volume, clarity and reliability are darn near perfect. I hooked it up to my modem and was able to send a 4 page fax without issue. Prior to this update, I wouldn't have recommended this for use. I am now ready to go ahead and give these guys the $60.00 for 5 years of service.

Any others have better success lately?

2. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    I dropped majic jack in lue of something that I can actually use without a plithera of call issue(s). I ended up turning to Ooma which service is reliable and actually 100% free after buying the initial 199 equipment fee.

best of all it allowed me to port my number over which magic jack's solution isn't capable still at this point. No more having to have a computer on, no more faxing issue since it just works now flawlessly I might add.