1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magnavox Service Menu????

Discussion in 'High Definition Displays' started by damondlt, Dec 11, 2012.

1. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    I have a Magnavox 32MF338 and I've gone online, and saw some steps to access the service menu. None that I saw worked. Does anyone know what the proper steps are to access the service menu?

2. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    This is specifically listed for older sets; however you may want to try here:
    Code:

http://www.tvrepairkits.com/tips/98-sdm.html

This is for newer philips/magnovox lcd sets:
    Service Code ENTER: 062596 "INFO". Whatever you do DO NOT ADJUST anything on the "OPTION NUMBERS" menu, GROUP 1 OR GROUP 2.

3. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    I'll try it thanks. Just turn the TV on first correct, I don't have to be on a certain input right?

4. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    Just tried it, and again it doesn't work.

5. Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2006
    A Galaxy...
    1. you have to be on a channel on the tuner (not a video input).
    2. if you followed #1, did you try both methods (# followed by the menu button, or number followed by the info button?

6. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    Yep all that comes up is channel 2 after i hit info, and after I do it using menu , only the standard menu comes up.

7. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Why do you want to enter the service menu?

8. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    Because when I turned it on the other day, sometimes it makes this high pitched sqeal, then it turns its self back off, then I turn it on again and its fine.

I was told the tv keeps error reports and from the symptoms it sounds like the Power supply is going.

I just wanted to confirm myself, because it operates fine so I want to fix it before it breaks.