1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Managing conflicts while using iPhone app in the field

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by DrewM, Jan 22, 2013.

1. DrewM

DrewM Mentor

Feb 11, 2007
    I just found out (the hard way) that the iPhone DTV app does NOT inform the user if there's a conflict with existing scheduled recordings. I missed one that I would dearly have loved to have because 2 other programs were recording. It also could explain why other recordings scheduled on the app have "mysteriously" been missed.

A really glaring omission by DTV...is there a way to manage other than pick "Definitely Record", and not be sure which recording will be bumped (or will it give you a red flag at that point)?

TIA...

2. Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick Icon

Aug 25, 2006
    Long Island
    DirecTV can't see what you have scheduled to record on your DVR, nor should they be able to do so (privacy advocates would lose their minds over that one, rightfully so, IMO). Therefore, they can't tell you that you have a conflict when you try to setup a recording remotely.

When I record remotely, and conflicts may be an issue, I will schedule the recording on multiple DVR's using "record if possible"