1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mangino in Hi Def

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by sportshermit, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sportshermit

sportshermit Legend

Aug 22, 2007
    If there was ever a person who deserves standard definition it's Mangino. My goodness. He looks like a stroke on two feet.

Mangino=Kansas football coach.

2. Madison Hawk

Madison Hawk AllStar

Jul 10, 2007
    Mangino in HD Stretch Mode would be a bit hard on the old plasma TV.

Seriously, the dude can coach. Kansas goes to 7-0 with a big win at Colorado and if they can get by Texas A&M next week, they should be favored in the rest of their games until possibly the Missouri game to end the season. If they win out, which is a realistic possibility with Oklahoma looking vulnerable, Kansas could be in the BCS championship.

3. funkeruski

funkeruski AllStar

Feb 4, 2006
    Dude needs to look into gastric bypass survey, although it hasn't done much for Weis. Weis has the biggest front butt I have ever seen

4. djwww98

djwww98 Godfather

Jan 11, 2006
    That's a massive cardial mardial infarction just looking for a place to happen.:eek2:

5. MizzouTiger

MizzouTiger Icon

Jan 9, 2007
    You have got to be kidding, right? BCS Championship?? Let's see how they do against A&M, Nebraska and Oklahoma State first before jumping to any conclusions. So far, they haven't had a very tough Big 12 schedule. I don't think that their strength of schedule is going to get them anywhere close to being eligible for the BCS Championship game.:nono2:

6. Madison Hawk

Madison Hawk AllStar

Jul 10, 2007
    Of course Kansas has to win out, but every team on their schedule is beatable. Regarding the strength of schedule, the computers rate Kansas 8th, much higher than the human polls. The computers rank Kansas ahead of Oklahoma, Missouri, West Virginia, Oregon and California. Kansas is one of a dozen or so teams with a legitimate shot at the BCS title game (yes, Missouri is in that group also).

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/BCSStandings

7. funkeruski

funkeruski AllStar

Feb 4, 2006
    They will have no problem with Aggy or Nebraska.

8. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    Put him, Weis and the Toledo coach together and I'd have to get a bigger HDTV set. :D

9. JMCecil

JMCecil Godfather

Jan 20, 2007
    It takes a much bigger coach to win at football at Kansas. My wife worked at Kansas when Mangino was hired. The football program was basically a middle of the road high school afterthought. The facilities were terrible, the stadium was a joke and if you said "I'm recruiting for Kansas" they said "Wow, I thought you wanted me for football, but a basketball scholarship would be awesome!!"

The fact that he is winning any games is a minor miracle.

10. teebeebee1

teebeebee1 Godfather

Dec 11, 2006
    he def is one fat M'F'R

11. psunate77

psunate77 Godfather

Aug 18, 2007
    They are the Purdue of the Big 12.. First test they face, they will get destroyed,

12. jwittenmyer

jwittenmyer Mentor

Oct 8, 2007
    For the record, Weis had his reversed after it nearly killed him.

13. dan8379

dan8379 Godfather

Feb 13, 2006
    We'll see....we may lose a game or two but I promise you we won't get "destroyed" by anyone.

14. JMCecil

JMCecil Godfather

Jan 20, 2007
    It took him a long time, but at least they look like a football team now. It used to look like an intramural pickup team. No matter how bad the conference or how bad the conference schedule, both debateable, they have improved well beyond any reasonable expectation. I went to two games there. I can assure you the difference is unbelievable.

By the way, I'm a PAC 10 fan. So, I don't really have a stake in Kansas football. I just enjoy seeing someone make something from nothing. He deserves respect, not condesending shots at his weight.

15. JMartinko

JMartinko Legend

Dec 16, 2006
    I was at the game on Saturday (47 yard line 18 rows up behind the visiting bench) and Mangino does not just appear heavier just do to television cameras. His weight problem is the 'real deal'. All that being said, he did beat my Buffs so congrats to KU fans. If we have to, I would rather lose to them than Nebraska.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.