1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manual recording recorded wrong channel

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by johnd'oh, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnd'oh

johnd'oh AllStar

Apr 30, 2007
    I've had a recurring manual recording setup for many months now and it has worked flawlessly. I record MSNBC every M-F from 5-6pm. However, today when I went to look at the recording, it had recorded ESPN2 for some reason.

Any ideas why this would happen? BTW, I never watch sports, so I don't think I would have left any of my tuners on ESPN2.

2. stumpie

stumpie New Member

Sep 7, 2006
    I had the same thing on msnbc last night from 7to 9 pm. I went to the msnbc channel live as it was recording and it also had espn2 on it. I had to stop the recording befor I could get the msnbc programing.

3. The Phantom Ghost

The Phantom Ghost Legend

Dec 2, 2006
  4. mkertzman

mkertzman Cool Member

Mar 19, 2007
    I've had the same thing happen twice in the past two days. Once on MSNBC and once on CNBC. Both manual repeat recordings, one recorded an ESPN channel and the other a kids channel (sorry, I didn't figure out which it had recorded).

5. johnd'oh

johnd'oh AllStar

Apr 30, 2007
    This is really annoying. I had the same problem happen again today. Why is it recording ESPN2 instead of MSNBC??? Should I just recreate the manual recording?

6. davring

davring Hall Of Fame

Jan 13, 2007
    I usually don't watch MSNBC, but last evening I tuned to it and got ESPN2. I thought it to be strange.

7. mdrlou

mdrlou Cool Member

Mar 5, 2007
    Last Friday and again yesterday I had manual record of CNBC at 3PM and 5PM PDT. I ended up recording the Disney Channel. I tried to reset the manual record settings and all went as it was suppose to except NOTHING showd up in the scheduler. How can I schedule a manual record of Mad Money or Fast Money. Again like everyone else I have had manual record set for months without a problem.

8. sactoken

sactoken New Member

Jun 15, 2006
    I'm having the same problem. I have a manual recording of Countdown 9-10 pm Pacific, and starting last Thursday it's been recording ESPN2. The info display indicates Countdown. I'll try a season pass on my HR10 until they get this fixed.

9. mdrlou

mdrlou Cool Member

Mar 5, 2007
    After deleting all manual records in the scheduler, I tried to re-enter them. Everything appears normal but nothing goes into the scheduler. Has anyone else had trouble in re-entering manual records?

10. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Manual records can take a few minutes to show up in the todo list as the housekeeping functions do their thing.

Cheers,
    Tom

11. mdrlou

mdrlou Cool Member

Mar 5, 2007
    This problem seems to be only MSNBC recording ESPN2 and CNBC recording the Disney Channel. Interesting they are next to each other at 355 and 356. After deleting all manual records of Mad Money and Fast Money on CNBC, I re-entered them but nothing was scheduled. Has anyone else tried and failed to re-enter manual records? Does manual record even work now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.