1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

"MANUAL" recording???

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by SFNSXguy, Jun 10, 2013.

1. SFNSXguy

SFNSXguy EOE DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2006
    Near San...
    Last night, at 1:30AM, my three DVRs (all HR20-700) downloaded an "on demand" "Manual" that I didn't ask for. They showed as one-minute long, logged as "keep" but contained no content. (was channel 8883)
    Anyone know what that was about?

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
  3. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I have ghost recordings happen all of the time for some reason...been going on for several years on my HR-2x IRDs. No idea why... must be some weird D* software bug. Would be nice if D* fixed it, though. They're not always at the same time or the same channel. Some are sometimes 20 minutes, some are an hour. Nearly all of the time, the program title doesn't match what actually records, too.

4. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    If you watch a preview of a PPV on demand or any of those Directv banner ads on the Guide with preview video, it will save it to your playlist recordings with a keep icon.

5. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I have not done any of that.