1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Manual recurring recordings not added to todo list, inq

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by chris_h, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris_h

chris_h Mentor/Supporter

Mar 19, 2003
    I have done my due diligence and searched quite a bit, but I did not come up with anything worthwhile. I have only had my hr20 for a few days, so maybe this is something everyone "just knows" except for me.

I had already setup my manual recurring recordings for NFL football (two 10 am Sunday PT, two 1:00 pm Sunday PT, and one 5:00 pm Sunday PT) on the mpeg4 LIL channels. Around 11:30 am Sunday, after having watched a portion of each of the 10 am games, I deciced I was not happy with the PQ on the mpeg4 LIL channels (they were much better via mpeg2 OTA on my hr10) so I decided to change all my recordings over to the OTA channels. I deleted the 5 manual recordings and added them back in (set to the OTA channels of course). These are the top 5 items in my prioritizer list, so I had to move them up there.

When I checked the "todo" list, none of the recordings were listed there. I could understand the hr20 skipping the two (10 am games) that had already passed the start time, but it did not even show any of the other three. I gave it a good 10 minutes to populate the todo list prior to adding the recordings manually in via the guide.

Does this behavior by the hr20 make sense to you veterans? Does the todo list only populate once an hour or something like that?

Thanks in advance

2. Steve Rhodes

Steve Rhodes Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    I am having this problem too. Did you every find out a solution or more info?

3. Steve Rhodes

Steve Rhodes Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    I just waited a day and my problem just like this fixed itself like magic. Go figure

4. chris_h

chris_h Mentor/Supporter

Mar 19, 2003
    As near as I can figure, it is a bug in the way the prioritizer firmware is coded. The design team put higher priority on returning control to the user than actually recording the items requested. It would be nice if they would give you a "calculate todo list now, this may take xx minutes" option. In returning control, there should be a message to the effect of "the PVR may or may not record your shows for the next day."

I still don't have any confirmation from the experts or veterans on this. I think they are too busy playing with their CE releases to help newbies.

Oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.