1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mapping guide data to OTA channels

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by gilber, May 13, 2005.

1. gilber

gilber Cool Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Hello,

I'm trying to get the right guide data information to show for the OTA digital channels I can pick up on my 942.

Now, I know that I have to subscribe to satellite locals to get this, and I do subscribe to them, so my problem is not that.

I figured that if I edit the name of the digital channel to match the name of the station coming off the satellite, the guide data would get mapped to the OTA channel... but this only works for some channels... for some others it doesn't matter if I set the name to be the same, the guide still says "Digital Service".

My questions:

First, is that the right way to achieve the mapping (assigning the same name to both the satellite and the OTA channel), or is there another approach?

If that is the right way, then has anyone experienced the problem I described, where even if you set the name the guide still doesn't display the shows in the OTA channel?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

G.

2. Mike Johnson

Mike Johnson ViP622/ViP722 Guy DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 16, 2005