1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

March Madness Channels added I can not get.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by STEVEN-H, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STEVEN-H

STEVEN-H Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Louisville, KY
    Our local CBS affiliate is adding digital sub channels to broadcast more of the NCAA tournament. I cannot see these channels because my main receiver, HR20-700, will not scan available OTA channels and add them. I really think all receivers with OTA capabilities should be able to scan and add any channel broadcast.

2. Redlinetire

Redlinetire Icon

Jul 24, 2007
    Is that true? I did not know that....

Another checkmark in my new TiVo's favor...

3. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007
    bummer... does your TV maybe have a built in tuner that you could use?

4. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    My local CBS station has had 2 subchannels in the OTA guide for over a year. When MMM comes around they light one of them up. Seems that your CBS station has not put out the mapping data for those sub channels to the program guide providers. Do not blame Directv for that.

If you have not done it, redo your OTA setup.

5. STEVEN-H

STEVEN-H Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Louisville, KY

My CBS station does not broadcast sub channels other than for March Madness. My HR10-250 HD TiVo gets the channel with a rescan the HR20-700 does not. IMHO an off air receiver should pick up all channels in guide or not. My TiVo does and my new Zenith digital converter box gets it also.

6. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    Back when locals began transmitting Digital signals, their PSIP data was far from accurate. The HR10 and H10 would reset constantly due to the bad PSIP. CSR's were hammered with this problem and it was totally out of their control. This forum was inundated with complaints about the resets. Directv made the buisness decision that the H20 series would not have to depend on local OTA PSIP data. This way Directv has control of that data and could correct it. The locals have since cleaned up their act it would appear, but does not make any difference since the H20 series can not scan. IMHO

7. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    The Seattle CBS station, KIRO, is showing the games on subchannel 7-2, but the HR20 guide says they are on 7-3 so they are not viewable.

8. lwilli201

lwilli201 Hall Of Fame

Dec 22, 2006
    Missouri
    The CBS station in Kansas City does not use the sub channels except for the MMM, but they still show in my guide all year long. The are prepared. Your local is neglecting to keep them active in the program guide data. It is up to the station to keep there data current, regardless if they use those channels all the time or not. The way Directv does it is just the way they are going to do it. Even the new AM21 OTA tuner will not scan, therefore Directv has not changed there approch to OTA . As far as TIVO is concerned, that is a dead issue at Directv. All the ranting about TIVO is a big waste of breath.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.