1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

March Madness Details

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by dlt4, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    I'm considering signing up for the March Madness package. I'm assuming that the package is only for the first four days of the tournament, but it doesn't have that information on the web site. I'd like to hear from somebody who has had this package in the past who can provide a little more info.

Thanks!

2. cnmsales

cnmsales Hall Of Fame

Jan 8, 2007
    I believe they carry ALL the games of the tournament but I have never subed to it.

3. arvadajayhawk

arvadajayhawk New Member

Jan 12, 2007
    The packages actually covers the first three rounds (up to and including the sweet sixteen). They include the Sweet Sixteen because even that deep into the tourney, there are simultaneous games.

I've had it every year they have offered it and it is fantastic. You are no longer subjected to what CBS wants your local affiliate to show.

It also includes a game mix channel with all four games on at once.

I take the first two days of the tournament off every year to enjoy MMM. Think 32 games in two days without having to watch but a few commercials!

Enjoy,
    Doug.

4. nick1817

nick1817 Legend

Feb 12, 2007
    I thought it about it, too. But, then logic kicked in and there's literally one weekend with a ton of games, and I can't fathom watching them all. After the first two days, they should all be on regular TV.

5. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Blackouts are a big issue. Having the four screen feature wouldn't be of much use if it is blacked out because your local CBS affiliate is carrying the game you most want to watch.

6. dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    Doug,

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to give it a try!

7. DCSholtis

DCSholtis Up The Irons!

Aug 7, 2002
    I agree with what Doug has said ive had the MMM package since it began. Its great IMO and it got better with adding more games in HD last year.

8. terryfoster

terryfoster Godfather

Nov 14, 2006
    For those that are more casual viewers, those of you at work, or don't want to spend the money for MMM, don't forget the MMOD from NCAA/CBS:

http://www.ncaasports.com/mmod/

9. BJM

BJM Godfather

Dec 9, 2006
    MM games are regionalized through the first three rounds (the first weekend, Thursday through Sunday, and the second weekend, Thursday and Friday). It's not until the Regional Finals on the second Saturday and Sunday that you can see every game on CBS.

10. WilsonFlyer

WilsonFlyer Godfather

Jan 16, 2006
    Not sure what happens in other parts of the country but apparently CBS affiliates are licensed to carry any and all games if they choose to. WRAL (RDU, NC) has carried virtually every game for years on their sub channels. After round 1, they carry all for sure.

Just an FYI to check your local digital affiliate. I'm sure a lot of them are doing it now and it's free OTA. ;)

11. Tony1097

Tony1097 AllStar

Apr 26, 2006
    I will see what I can find on sopcast, tvu, and such.

12. NYHeel

NYHeel Godfather

Aug 21, 2006
    Good point. I've heard that TWC in the Raleigh/Durham area often has all the games (just like the Directv package) for free. I never understood this before since I always thought Directv had an exclusive on the package. I think in a college basketball heavy area like that one, CBS airs all of the games on their own. I've never heard of anything like that in the New York City area though.

13. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Actually, they run mulitiple multi-screen channels. So you always get at least one of them. They change which one(s) are available based upon your blackout region.

The package is great. And they did better last year at not screwing up blackouts when they switch games based upon blowouts and "lookin" coverage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.