1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

March Madness Mix Channel - No HD?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by gator5000e, Mar 21, 2010.

1. gator5000e

gator5000e Godfather

Aug 29, 2006
    Altamonte...
    Am I missing something or is there no HD for the Mix channel? Also, why does D* waste so much screen space and show such little boxes for the games? They could have 4 fairly large screens and they should be in HD. Oh well, had to bitch!!

2. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Since DirecTV has shown no hesitation in making an HD mix channel for the NFL, for Golf, for the Olympics, I have to suspect that CBS or the NCAA is at the source here. If you have 4 large HD screens on your screen at once, maybe you would not watch the local CBS affiliate? Just a guess.

3. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    MMM Mix channel has never been in HD

4. anleva

anleva Icon

Nov 14, 2007
    HD sure would be nice for the mix channel.

Another very minor nit that I always find amusing. Seems like every time I switch to the mix channel the background audio is teen pop, more often than not artists (and I use that term loosely) like Taylor Swift. Its just temporary until the audio feed for one of the mix games kicks in and I ultimately change the channel, but it makes me want to gag in the interim. Not sure the target demographic for sports enjoys that type of music. I mean could it hurt to try a little classic or alternative rock on these mix channels from time to time? :lol:

5. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    When they had XM, they used to use a classic rock station for DirecTV logos and other background music. Guess that changed with Sonic Tap.

6. Dcm210

Dcm210 Godfather

Jan 17, 2009
    thats why I called retention for a better deal on MMM cuz the Mix channel isn't in HD

7. dlt4

dlt4 Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Florida
    So what happened?

8. Lee L

Lee L Hall Of Fame

Aug 15, 2002
    If they don;t want to do the Mix Channel in HD, please just at least sync the feeds to the HD Channels. IT is annoying that it is several seconds ahead on the Mix channel.