1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Martha Stewart Gets Own Channel on SIRIUS

Discussion in 'Sirius XM General Discussion' started by syphix, Apr 18, 2005.

1. syphix

syphix Hall Of Fame

Jun 23, 2004
    Full story.

2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Sirius Cooking, Entertaining, More

Sirius Satellite Radio and Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia inked an exclusive four-year agreement to create and launch a Martha Stewart-branded satellite radio channel.

The channel, the first of its kind, will provide original programming specifically designed for women listeners and their families, 24-hours-a-day, seven days-a-week.

Martha Stewart Living Radio will leverage the company's expertise in the lifestyle arena to create programming focused on topics such as cooking, entertaining, gardening, home-keeping, decorating, holidays, collecting, health and whole living, crafts, and weddings, as well as how-to projects for parents and children, and information and tips for owners and their pets. Martha Stewart will be a regular presence on the channel and will be actively involved with program development. Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia's team of experts will also contribute. Martha Stewart Living Radio is expected to begin on Sirius later this year.

For those who want to subscribe to Martha Stewart Living Radio on Sirius, information is available at http://www.sirius.com and http://www.marthastewart.com or by calling 800-869-5059 or 800-869-5547.

SkyRetailer - used with permission

3. Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    You haven't taken your meds today, have you? ;) :)

I (personally) always click on "New Posts" and rarely look at the forum they are posted in, when I want to know what the latest is. Plus your thread is linked from the front page. PLUS, you're not even the first person to report this. :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

So go have a coke and a smile! !pepsi!

NOTE: I'm not sure how they can have an all-Martha all-the-time channel. Although hers is sometimes an exception, there's usually a LOT of fluff on those types of shows that is just painfully annoying to me. I hope there's enough "compelling content". ;)

4. Nick

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    My bad. :whatdidid

Thanks, Laverne. I poured a Coca Cola into a "pepsi" glass - somehow, it tasted different. :confused:

5. Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    "Martha Stewart Living Radio". Don't know if I like the sound of that or not. So, who thinks this move will allow Sirius to better compete with XM? Hmm?? :whatdidid

6. Nick

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Maybe Martha and that scuzzy Stern POS can sing old prison rape songs...

7. Laverne

Laverne Guest

Feb 17, 2005
    :nono2: :)

8. pez2002

pez2002 Hall Of Fame

Dec 13, 2002
    !pepsi!

total waste of bandwith

9. oby

oby New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Martha's face is plastered all over the Sirius website. Do they really think she's going to be a major factor for new subs? I was channel surfing on cable, and saw her cooking show. She has a very boring delivery, a very monotone voice. Not to mention the problem of how to convey cooking, over the radio.