1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

masn 626 blackout nats game

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by REDSKINSFAN47, Apr 25, 2008.

1. REDSKINSFAN47

REDSKINSFAN47 Legend

Sep 2, 2007
    Woodbine,MD
    anyone know why nats game on masn 626 is blacked out in the baltimore dma,i am getting the game on wdca 20-1 ota,but D* doesn't offer us this channel so why the black out on our home rsn.

2. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I believe the games on MASN/MASN2 are blacked out to certain regions if the game is also being carried OTA by a local station. For those outside the OTA station's market, we still get the MASN/MASN2 feeds with no blackout.

For example, some O's games are carried on WJZ channel 13 in Baltimore. Those in the Baltimore area will be blacked out on MASN and you guys can watch it on channel 13 , but for those of us outside the Baltimore DMA but still within MASN's territory, we still get it on MASN.

3. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    The only blackouts for MASN are those for the DC market on games carried on channel 20. Those games on 13 are not blacked out at all.

Anyone in Woodbine should not see any blackouts on MASN at all. Had to be a mistake.

4. TimGoodwin

TimGoodwin Icon

Jun 29, 2004
    The game Friday night was not blacked out for me on MASN.

5. SamC

SamC Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2003
    DMAs have nothing to do with it.

Some games on MASN are co-broadcasted on MASN and WDCA. MASN will be blacked out in the claimed Grade B contour of WDCA (analog), which includes lots of the Baltimore DMA.

6. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Wrong. I live in Columbia, which is well within WDCA viewing area but part of the Baltimore DMA. I have never had MASN blacked out for a Nats game.

7. TimGoodwin

TimGoodwin Icon

Jun 29, 2004

I'll second that. Never had one blacked out for me either.

8. REDSKINSFAN47

REDSKINSFAN47 Legend

Sep 2, 2007
    Woodbine,MD
    a mistake would make sense,because channel 20 is not avalable on sat or cable here so its seems that game should have been in the clear on masn. csr on D* said that my zip should be blacked out when nats games are on channel 20,who knows.