1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

MASN2 carrying Fox Sports Net programming but still only part time channel.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by sweet16birthday11, Aug 28, 2013.

1. sweet16birthday11

sweet16birthday11 New Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Virginia
    I hope DTV knows about this so those Big 12 football games are shown. Missed a live soccer game today because of this. At least show the live FSN programs on MASN2. If it doesn't happen I have to buy that sports pack.

2. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Um, huh? You have a press release in this or something. FOX sport net is a national regular channel anyway unless you are talking about it being a specific RSN channel?

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

3. sweet16birthday11

Aug 28, 2013
    Virginia
  4. KyL416

KyL416 Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    In markets that don't have an FSN station, FSN's national programming is shown on channels like MSG+, Root Sports and MASN2, everyone else, like people who live in CSN only territory, has to get the Sports Pack to see this programming.

The MASN2 thing must be fairly new, until recently they just showed ESPNEWS programming as filler between events, now it appears they switched to FSN programming.

5. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    In years past, I have seen the FS games appearing on channels like NESN+. Do not give up hope that they will appear on MASN2 before Saturday. I am not saying that they will, but it's too early to assume they won't be there.

6. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Ah. I'd think that would all be available on the new FOX sports channels as well now or soon.

Sent from my iPhone using DBSTalk mobile app

7. KyL416

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    For UEFA there are many games going on at the same time, they put them on FS1, FS2, Fox Soccer/Soccer Plus and FSN with everything else available live in the 480s.

For NCAA, FS1 and Fox will be the primary channels, but they're still using FSN and FCS for some games. Most of the racing practices and other live races that used to air on Speed take up the Saturday schedule on FS2

8. sweet16birthday11

Aug 28, 2013
    Virginia
    MASN2 still uses ESPNews for rain delays.

9. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    It looks like the new FS1 channel stole the football from broadcast Fox. I only see the ACC Network game on both of my local Fox stations in NC and the Oregon game is on FS1 and Fox Deportes.

10. KyL416

Nov 10, 2005
    Tobyhanna, PA
    Fox will have their first game on the 7th.

11. noemi

noemi New Member

Aug 31, 2013
    va
    right now masn 2's re airing (i think) "golden boy LIVE" can't be certain if it's from monday or monday before that , as far as i can tell they play most of fs1's stuff cept for fs live and a few other things here and there, and masn still airs the espn stuff so it'd kinda jaring to be honest

12. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    There were FS football games on MASN2 yesterday.