1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MasterChef

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by jodyguercio, Aug 17, 2011.

1. jodyguercio

jodyguercio Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Did anyone watch the finale? I was quite pleased as to who won. It was also nice to see that everyone came back to cheer on the finalist.

2. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    It was very good, I actually though it would go the other way but was happy either way. I am glad to see they are planning another season.

3. jodyguercio

Aug 16, 2007
    I truly thought either one deserved to win Scott. I'm just glad the third one had no bearing whatsoever. Joe was spot on in his assessment of the talent level vs the attitude.

4. trdrjeff

trdrjeff Icon

Dec 3, 2007
    I was very surprised how big the show is around the world. Seemed like just a summer filler last year so I was surprised with all the product placement ads for their own gear until they showed how big it is internationally.

5. Charise

Charise AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2004
    Either one certainly deserved to win, but I was pleased that Jennifer won having had to endure all the criticism from Christian. He may be a wizard with fish, but he was so condescending to the other contestants!

Suzi was a disappointment with her lemon meringue pie. I've made better looking pies with perfect meringue--but with a family recipe. :D I cringe when they have the blurbs asking if you could be a contestant. I just shake my head and say, "No way!" I'm a cook and will never be a chef. :D

I had no idea it was so popular around the world either. Anyone look up where the first competition was held? Just wondering...

6. Charise

Charise AllStar/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2004
    I just looked it up--it started on BBC in 1990.

7. Surveyor40

Surveyor40 DBSTalk Club Member

Jan 5, 2006
    Haven't watch the finale yet, but its great to hear who won. We celebrated when Christian failed to go on, as arrogance only takes you so far in life. Then it bites heavily in the end. Heather surely became a better chef due to the competition between her and Christian. This season was a blast to watch as much as the last.

8. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    We pretty much stopped watching Hell's Kitchen at some point this season and watched this. More enjoyable.

9. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    I thought Adrien would win until they started presenting their final dishes, then I suspected the pendulum had swung towards Jennifer. I was fine with either one as once Christian was eliminated.

10. dave29

dave29 New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Great Finale. I didn't watch every episode, but it was a good show.

Those were some pretty impressive dishes. Those Short ribs looked really good.

11. bean1980

bean1980 Cool Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Although I also think Christian was arrogant, I also think the producers of these kinds of shows edit the film to make him look that much worse. Everyone hated Max until he was eliminated then the attention went to Christian.

12. jodyguercio

Aug 16, 2007
    Because Max was an 18 yr old spoiled little rich kid. He flaunted it every chance he got. Christian was also front at center at the time as well. Jennifer gave an after show interview segment and she said that even off camera Christian was just as arrogant as on.

13. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I liked Ben Starr. He made a huge error and was the one that should have gone home when he blew his advantage, but I did like him.

14. Holydoc

Holydoc Legend

Feb 17, 2008
    Panhandle, FL
    He was my favorite too. Just listening to him talk, you knew he loved creating food. To me that is what the makings of a great chef needs. Of course just because he lost does not mean he will not become a great chef. Only time will tell.

15. bean1980

bean1980 Cool Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Interesting. I am really glad he lost now.