1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maximum record count ignored

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by tegage, Dec 17, 2011.

1. tegage

tegage Legend

Sep 3, 2005
    I record a couple of news shows daily. One of them is the PBS NewsHour and I have the Maximum Recorded Events set at 2, but it ignores that option. I seen this on a few other shows. Is there a reason for this?

2. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    Is it recording more than 2 or less than the 2? What type receiver do you have and what is the software version? Please let me know so I can assist you. Thanks.

3. tegage

tegage Legend

Sep 3, 2005
    I have a 722 and a 612. They both record more than 2 of the NewsHour, i.e. they ignore the maximum. My 622 is running software version L645WAXB-N and bootstrap 1230. I'm not in front of my 722 right now.

Keep in mind that it's just certain shows. For example I also have the Tonight show set up to record a Max of 2 and it works for that show.

4. puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    When you set it to have the max # did you already have more than that # of recordings? ie, if you have it set to 2, did you have 2 or more recordings at that time, if so, my experience in the past has been it doesn't work until you manually delete to lower than your max, so in your case 1 or 0. At least, thats how I recall when I first changed some of mine to that. I'll experiment some and see if I can reproduce it.

5. tegage

tegage Legend

Sep 3, 2005
    I often delete them all. I'll try deleting them and the timer and then recreate the timer.