1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe silly question, but does the HR20 come with component video cables?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ziggy29, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziggy29

ziggy29 Icon

Nov 18, 2004
    San Antonio DMA
    I ordered an upgrade to an HR20 on Monday. Given that it's now 4-6 weeks between ordering and installation appointments (here the next available is October 3!), I want to make sure I get it right. I did some searches but I saw no obvious matches.

So -- does the HR20 come with component video cables? Does the installer provide them if not? I just want to make sure I'm not expected to provide them when the installer comes. I'm guessing they have this (as well as the WB-68 multiswitch, but I plan to call to confirm that), but I was wondering if those of you who actually received the HR20 in its box have seen if it has the component video cables.

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Yes it comes with component cables, HDMI cable, S-Video, and RCA's in the box.

3. superchief

superchief Legend

Dec 22, 2006
    Yes, it does come with a cable that purports to be "component".

If you care at all about getting a quality signal, invest in a replacement cable

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    If you are interested in the best quality through component, you should invest in some high quality cables. It does make a difference. The ones that come in the box are... sufficient but there are better ones out there.

5. EaglePC

EaglePC Icon

Apr 14, 2007
    is HDMI ok
    or component ?

6. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I don't know if I understand your question, but if you are using very good quality cables, HDMI and component look pretty much the same. However, as HDMI is a digital signal you can get by with a cheaper cable and still have the same quality.

7. Ken S

Ken S RIP

Feb 12, 2007
    Quality cables doesn't have to mean paying the ridiculous prices that Monster charges though. You can get cables every bit as good from places like www.cablewholesale.com and they'll be 1/10 the price.

8. falken

falken Legend

Jun 14, 2007
    The HDMI cable that comes with it is fine. You would want to upgrade the component cable IMO, as mentioned, there are good sites on the internet for quality cables.
    If you need something at a B&M I would recommend Acoustic Research, they are good quality and not priced too awfully bad for a B&M store.

9. Mixer

Mixer Hall Of Fame

Sep 28, 2006
    Got my Component cables from Monoprice. My buddy got Monster Component cables. We installed them both (had a whole bunch of A/V buddies over) and not one of us could tell the difference between the two.

But as always YMMV if you want to be like my buddy and pay 135 for your cables go for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.