1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MDU questions

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by mini1, Jul 20, 2011.

1. mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
    Because of my win against the COA, the condo association where I live is currently considering either setting up a master shared dish on each building (where anyone who wants D* can hook onto a common shared SWM dish at the end of the building by the cable tap) or an MDU. They want to prevent others from installing dishes where I have mine.
    I already have an existing account and dish. I don't have any interest in hooking into a shared dish that I have no control over. From my research, it appears that MSD can be a mess because nobody wants to be responsible for problems. I also don't have any interest in having an MDU coming in and taking over control either.

My questions;
    1.) If the COA either sets up an MSD or MDU, could they legally require me to remove my dish and use their dish?
    2.) Could I be grandfathered as an individual account so I have nothing to do with the MDU in order for regular techs/customer service to be able to service my account?
    3.) Should an MDU come in, could I use refer-a-friend to get new people to sign up?

2. woodybeetle

woodybeetle Legend

Feb 27, 2008
    Short and sweet answers
    No you cannot be made to join an MDU account
    Yes you can be grandfathered in, in fact the MDU would have to buy your account from DTV in order to have the ability to service you with programming
    No the referral program is not honored by the MDU companies out there currently, nor do they have to honor th
    em. As well as that they dont have to honor the plethera of other promos offered at times.

Good luck
    End of

3. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    I would be very careful with making blanket statements like that.

4. mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
    Who are you talking to?