1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

MDU Setup Assistance

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by satsol, Apr 25, 2013.

1. satsol

satsol New Member

Oct 19, 2012
    I just have a couple quick questions about a setup I did today, but didn't have time to troubleshoot. Was hoping to get a few opinions, so I don't waste time tomorrow morning on steps I could just avoid. Here's a breakdown of the equipment:

- SL5 and 95 dish on roof with a 30-40' run to head-end room
    - Fed into a Sonora PI-6S (powered)
    - From there it feeds into a Sonora SA-6AL for good measure (powered)
    - Then the lines drop into a NAS MST-771 tap
    - From tap the lines hit a full FMC-6 SWM chassis (powered with all 3 supplies)
    - From tap the lines drop into 3 more floors. Each floor with another MST-771 tap, and each with a FMC-6 chassis. The last floor has another SA-6AL into the FMC-6 chassis.

Now I have a few questions. First, I originally ordered NAS equipment, and they sent me Sonora, with the exception of the trunk tap. I've never used Sonora anything, but thought I would give it a try just for the experience. Right before I left, I fired everything up, and we have green across the board except for the chassis, which display the headache inducing blinking red lights. The chassis on every floor has this problem except for the bottom floor which has has 3 green on the Flexport 1 and the 18/13v. The rest were solid red, which also puzzled me. As I mentioned, I didn't have enough time to really do anything and was curious about any suggestions as to what the problem might be.

A big thanks in advance for anyone taking the time to read and comment. Thank you.

2. satinstallerguy

satinstallerguy New Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Cleveland
  3. satsol

satsol New Member

Oct 19, 2012
    I appreciate the guide, but it shows the NAS equipment which I'm used to using. I'm thinking the Sonora's outputs are swapped around, but I'm not entirely sure which port is which on the 771. I don't remember, can't find it.

4. Floyd

Floyd Legend

Nov 9, 2004
    Take out the first amplifier and see what happens. How are the signal levels at the receivers?