1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Media Server assistance

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by GARE, Jul 18, 2010.

1. GARE

GARE New Member

Jun 24, 2010
    New customer trying to get Media Share to work on our HR24 - music only. I installed Eyeconnect (Mac) and was able to use Media Share to navigate our library and play a song with no trouble.

Came back a little later to show the wife, and now I can still see the library, but nothing happens when you select a song. The song does not play, no error messages, nothing.

I am able to use Eyeconnect via our AV receiver, but we'd rather use Media Share. Any suggestions?

2. seern

seern DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 12, 2007
    Glen Allen, VA
    Well, I am using TVersity and have no issues with my HR24. It is a free download and has been flawless with music, pictures and video.

3. GARE

GARE New Member

Jun 24, 2010
    I'd love to use Tversity, but they don't support Mac to my knowledge.

4. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise DBSTalk Club

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    I have been using EyeConnect for years without that kind of problem. One hint--if you make any changes to the library, stop and restart EyeConnect (via System Preferences) to update the listings.

I'd try a menu reset of your Directv receiver (which seems to fix a multitude of problems).