1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

media share and droid x

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by keithmerr, Jul 18, 2010.

1. keithmerr

keithmerr Cool Member

Jul 25, 2007
    i have an hr-22 hooked up to a home network via ethernet and wireless router. why am i able to stream pics from my droid x and not videos shot with the camera?

2. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    I didn't realize the Droid had a media server (although I am not really surprised). Do the videos show up with an "X" in the list? That would indicate an incompatible format. Directv DVRs will only play MPEG2 videos and other formats must be converted or transcoded.

3. keithmerr

keithmerr Cool Member

Jul 25, 2007
    thanks. yes the new droid x has hd 720p recording capability and dlna media share capable

4. paragon

paragon Godfather

Nov 15, 2007
    how did you get the picture streaming to work? this is my first time using media share and i cant quite figure how to get the dvr to see the droid x. i was able to get my phone to see (but not play) my dvr's playlist.

5. n6nfg

n6nfg AllStar

Feb 1, 2008
    I don't have anything on my droid x to share, but I also experienced being able to see HR20 playlist on the droid x, but trying to play something to the phone results on "incompatible format". If anyone has a way to get HR videos playing on the droid x, please come forward!

6. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    Since the videos are encrypted, you are out of luck there. A "Directv2Droid" app would be nice, but don't hold your breath.

7. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    757 & 718
    does the EVO have this feature as well?

8. taz291819

taz291819 Godfather

Oct 18, 2006
    The Droid X is recording in mpeg-4, which the HR-series can't play back, as of now anyway.

9. ciurca

ciurca Godfather

Apr 14, 2009
    You need a tversity app to run on the Droid so you can transcode the streaming videos to MPEG-2. No native file support on the HR2x boxes.