1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Media Share for Mac?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by BuffaloDenny, Jan 18, 2013.

1. BuffaloDenny

BuffaloDenny Icon

Mar 19, 2007
    Just got a Mac mini with mountain lion, and noticed media share is no longer available on my HR34. I've always been a PC guy, so not sure what steps I might need to take to get that back up and running with a Mac?

2. Jacob Braun

Jacob Braun King of Awesome

Oct 5, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    I use ps3mediaserver if I need media share.
    http://ps3mediaserver.org
    It works fairly well for photos and music. It's free, light weight, etc.

Attached Files:

3. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise DBSTalk Club

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    OS X does not come with a DLNA client. I have tried Twonky, EyeConnect and iSedora on my Mac. Of the three I like iSedora best. It works fine for music and photos, but the bit rate of video files often exceeds the maximum which Directv supports. I have been able to recode videos to a lower bit rate, but that takes time (the program I use, Video Hub, is no longer available). For watching video files I prefer to use my WDTV Live as a media client.

4. chiefgeek

chiefgeek Cool Member

Nov 19, 2006
    How does your WDTV connect to your Mac? Smb has been broken since lion came out for me.