1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Media Share

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by -Draino-, Oct 24, 2009.

1. -Draino-

-Draino- Godfather

May 18, 2008
    New Hampshire
    I just upgraded to Windows7. Any thoughts of using MediaShare or TVersity or PlayOn are gone forever!!!

My Sammy is fully DLNA compliant and with Win7 I can send any media directly to my TV without even using the menus on my TV!!!

I just right click the file and select "Play To" and the file is played right to my TV.

The only thing that I have found so far is that I can't send files from my NAS (Buffalo LinkStation), they have to be on my local hard disk.

My TV also has recently added Blockbuster as a widget and I can stream movies without any additional software.
    Windows7 Media Center has added Internet TV and not only is it free, it works perfectly. CBS, CW, Showtime, Netflix, FOX and many others are all available.

I'm really lovin Win7 and my Sammy!!!

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    Re: accessing the NAS.

I just bought a notebook with Win 7 and was unable to access my NAS. I discovered, via a Win 7 forum, that if you map the NAS directories in Win 7 that I could access them. In my case the path to the mapped drive is "\\LANDISK\Public\".