1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

MeTV Now Available on DIRECTV in L.A. DMA

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by HoTat2, May 1, 2012.

1. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Just a heads up;

For any interested, since it's only in SD anyhow. MeTV programming is now available, for the most part" in the Los Angeles market on SD channel 20 incorrectly labeled as "KBBC." It should be listed under their new call letters as "KVME."

First noted in the attachment.

I say available for "the most part," since KVME still reserves a gap for their former mainstay of hispanic religious programming between the local hours of 5:30 AM-8:00 AM.

Full time MeTV telecasting is available though OTA on local KDOC sub-channel 56-3.

2. stoutman

stoutman Godfather

Feb 8, 2003
    Will we be getting more of these if each transponder can now handle six? Or this not true of the spot beams?

3. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    The number "6" figure refers to the new HD CONUS beam transponder loading on Ka band at 99 and 103W (don't know if they will do this for HD spotbeams yet).

Channels such as local KVME (KBBC), the subject of this thread, are SD channels on Ku band at 101, and they are packed at around 10-12 channels per transponder for both CONUS and spotbeams I think.

4. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    I see now that DIRECTV has corrected the call letters to "KVME" in the guide.

Must have read my initial post on this thread ... :D

5. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    They just have 8 hours of programming, the rest is infomercials.

6. HoTat2

HoTat2 Hall Of Fame

Nov 16, 2005
    Los...
    Is that the program lineup dish has for your local MeTV outlet or something? As DIRECTV's guide currently has MeTV programming on local KVME-20 for all hours of the day excepting 5:30AM -8:00AM for religious broadcasting on the weekdays and except for 5:30AM - 9:00AM for both religion and infomercials during the weekends.

7. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Our MeTV channel in San Francisco is on a sub channel.