1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metv to my local lineup

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by dough_boy747, Mar 30, 2013.

1. dough_boy747

dough_boy747 Mentor

Jun 18, 2004
    Panther WV
    They supposte to add metv to WVVA channel 46 tv, tv it is on of our locals in bluefield and beckly aera in West virginia 04/4/13. it is channel 63, is Dish or Direct tv going pick it up? If not why I have Dish network right now,, if they are going to direct i guess i will swetch providers.

2. JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

Dec 11, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    I have it on Directv in NY area

3. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    As far as locals are concerned, Dish and Direct do not look to add them just because they change their lineups unless it deals with the major networks. And no, ME Tv is not considered to be one at least not yet. Scranton, PA has had ME Tv as a new subchannel added well over a year ago, but neither Dish or Direct has added it yet.

4. damondlt

damondlt New Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Newfoundland...
    I wish we had WNEP2 as well.

5. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    I have both, thanks to OTA.

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    WVVA NBC is carried in HD, WVVA2 CW is carried in SD.
    Will MeTV be a third channel on WVVA's feed?

7. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
    According to RabbitEars.Info, yes it will indeed be.

8. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    Can you get it over the air (OTA)? If so, you can get an OTA module (depending on your receiver) and you will get all of the subchannels that you can receive at your house. Also, on DVRs, you can record 1-2 OTA program without taking up a satellite tuner.

9. ejbvt

ejbvt AllStar

Aug 14, 2011
    VT
    Unless the new channel is in the database (if it's new and not a re-brand, it won't be). You will need a Genie, antenna, and an AM21 Directv tunter to get this channel to appear in your Directv lineup. Unless the channel in in the database (see first sentece), you will not have guide data. It will just say "regular schedule" for all of eternity.

10. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Likewise on all DISH OTA equipment the channel will be tunable without correct EPG until DISH adds a "WVVA3" EPG feed to cover the new channel.

11. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Switching over METV.......interesting.

12. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003

13. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    MeTV, Antenna TV, THIS, Bounce and LivingWell are all subchannel networks available as OTA only, If you have an OTA enabled DVR you may be able to get it with a good antenna, and if you are lucky guide data from Dish! I get guide data for 2 of the 5 listed above. YMMV depending on market, antenna and distance from the transmitters.

14. dough_boy747

dough_boy747 Mentor

Jun 18, 2004
    Panther WV
    Thanks alot lol I was just hoping it would, but if any one has any further info. on it Please let me know.

15. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    The only way E* would ever include these "retro" networks is if one would happen to get carried on the ".1" of a channel that is already carried.

16. Jhon69

Jhon69 Hall Of Fame

Mar 27, 2006
    Central San...
    Alot of us did not want to "wait" for their provider to put other local channels in their package.If you want all your local channels and subchannels now,you can go to www.antennaweb.org or www.tvfool.com enter your address to see if you can receive those channels with an outside HDTV antenna.With an outside HDTV antenna you will experience HD picture quality as you have never seen before,because local over the air channels compress their signal less than any cable or satellite provider.