1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Microsoft's Satya Nadella Appointed CEO

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by phrelin, Feb 4, 2014.

1. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    In what should be regarded by everyone in the technology business as a significant news release this morning, Microsoft announced today that Satya Nadella, 46, and a 22-year veteran of Microsoft, is the successor to longtime Chief Executive Steve Ballmer.

[​IMG]

Nadella sent the following email to Microsoft employees:

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I think he's a great choice. A strong internal candidate and with technical experience.

3. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I agree. And he's got a lot of help from every pundit out there telling him what he has to do. :sure:

4. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    The less noticed news is this from the Silicon Valley Mercury News:

[​IMG]

Bill Gates will remain on the Board, according to the official news release, assuming "a new role on the Board as Founder and Technology Advisor, and will devote more time to the company, supporting Nadella in shaping technology and product direction."

5. phrelin

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I think this picture released by Microsoft and published in a Seattle Times article could become iconic:

[​IMG]
    New Board Chairman John Thompson, New CEO Satya Nadella, former Chairman Bill Gates and former CEO Steve Ballmer

It certainly is different from this one of Paul Allen and Bill Gates in 1981:

[​IMG]